Borco five-ply, PiCoPly, Vyco, Borco, Vinyl Drafting Self Sealing Vinyl Board Covers provide a versatile and extremely durable drawing surface that preserves and protects against graphite or ink damage as well as cuts, scars, mars, and dents. Economical and Convenient The perfect way to extend the life of any worn drawing board or tabletop. Covers nicks, cuts, and holes with a smooth, new work surface that recovers almost immediately after being pierced with compass points, dividers, tacks, or other pointed instruments. The Vinyl Board Covers are smooth, stain resistant, and easy to clean. Just wipe away graphite, grime, and eraser dust with a damp cloth or sponge. Two colors easy to apply and available in green/ivory, this five-ply vinyl is permanently bonded for years of service. It will not discolor, deteriorate, or crack. Easily cut with large scissors or a utility knife. Note: All vinyl is cut oversize so you can trim it to fit your boards.
Attach with double-coated tape (sold separately).
Custom sizes available on request.
- Unroll and lay flat at room temperature for at least 24 hours before
- cutting or taping. Apply double-sided tape to edge of tabletop. Smooth
- Board Cover from the center towards the edges to prevent
1. Unroll and lay flat for at least 24 hours.
Vinyl Drafting Board Cover is produced and shipped in tension-wound rolls and needs to
- “relax” before being secured to a surface. For best performance, unroll
- and lay flat at room temperature for at least 24 hours to allow material
- to return to its natural, flat state.
2. Cut to size.
- Vinyl Drafting Board Cover sheets are shipped slightly oversize to allow for variations
- in drawing board and tabletop sizes. For best fit it will need to be
- trimmed down to the exact dimensions of your surface. This can be done
- either before or after the Drafting Board Cover is adhered. Use a very sharp
- utility knife and a straightedge to ensure accuracy.
3. Clean and prepare table surface.
Vinyl Drafting Board Cover is soft and pliable and will conform to the surface
- beneath. Dirt and tabletop imperfections under the Drafting Board Cover will
- create an uneven work surface. Be sure to remove all particles of dirt
- and dust before attaching Vinyl Board Cover. Deep imperfections can be filled
- with wood filler and sanded smooth.
4. Apply 1" wide double-sided tape to table surface.
Leave top liner on tape for time being. For most applications tape only needs to be used along the top edge of the
tabletop. For a more secure fit, tape can be applied along the other 3 edges as well. Caution: apply tape along the outer
edges only, never in the middle. 1" wide tape is recommended. Use only thin polyester-based tapes for smooth results.
Foam-based tapes are too thick and will create a raised surface. Be sure to leave top liner on for time being.
5. Position sheet on tabletop.
- the top tape liner still in place, position the Vinyl Drafting Board Cover on the
- tabletop in its exact location. Then, without moving the sheet, raise
- back the top edge and peel off the tape liner beneath. Lay the sheet
- back down and press securely. Smooth Drafting Board Cover out from the center to
- prevent wrinkling before following the same procedure with other tape
- edges, if so desired.